When it comes to organization, there is a saying that goes:
Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up. -A.A. Milne
Personally, I am at my best when things and my life, in general, are organized. It helps me concentrate, plan and execute tasks clearly. I enjoy creating To Do lists, scheduling things on my calendar, and regularly doing an inventory of things to see what I no longer need or use. Subconsciously, things flow better when there is order. Less is more. I usually feel liberated after I discard or donate unused items.
Many people desire to be more organized but struggle with actually getting there and maintaining an organized life. Organization can be achieved little by little. It may even take some people a few rounds of cleaning and decluttering to achieve the optimal level of organization. That is okay. Here are some tips on how to start and keep things together.
20 Ways to Get and Stay Organized
- Always put things back where they belong
- Keep a calendar and check it daily
- Take out the trash every day
- Spend an extra 15-30 minutes tidying up per day
- Be mindful of and track your expenses
- Make your bed every day
- Purge of and donate items that are no longer useful
- Take time to plan for big decisions
- Unsubscribe to junk mail
- Organize your closets and pantry and stick to it
- Use a daily shower cleaner in addition to a weekly cleaning
- Meal-prep to save time
- Develop a morning and/or evening routine
- Make time for self-care
- Wash, dry and fold your laundry in one day
- Declutter your purse/wallet daily
- Aim to be paperless
- Delegate tasks to other people
- Deep clean once a month
- Automate as many tasks/chores as possible
How do you like to organize your space and your life?
Be sure to share this blog post and subscribe to stay in the loop!